Sunday, June 29, 2008

6/15/08 Sun: Father's Day

Current Mood: Forgetful /:

Ok you can beat me up for having preggo mush brain! I totally forgot to post hubby's first Father's Day present! Duh! Jayden "wrote" a poem for Daddy (with Mommy's help of course) but he was kicking to all the good lines so I knew they were more from baby. *smile* Daddy was very touched and asked if Mommy wrote it herself and Mommy replied that it was all from Jayden, I just knew how to spell (: Here is a pic of the framed poem Mommy put together with Jayden's poem on, and the poem is to follow.

Daddy

Hello, my awesome Daddy,
On Father’s day I wasn’t sure
what to do.
But because I love you so very much,
these words I wrote for YOU.

(I also feel blessed that I'm so clever,
and have already learned to write and read).

I guess we should really thank Mommy,
and all those ipod songs she plays for me!


And I can sympathize with those writers,
because it can be hard getting your words to rhyme,
but thanks to LL Cool J, Van Halen and NIN,
my music tastes are already in their prime!


By the way, we'll have to stop Duce barking,
actually, he's driving me a little mad,
but I know that he'll be a great big brother,
probably the best any kid has ever had.

And I'm sorry that I took my time,
but you can never control the hands of fate,
but I do know that it will all be worth it,
and all good things happen to those who wait.

Our family has many special
But the most special one I’m looking forward to,
Is the day you finally hold
days to come, me in your arms Daddy.
And I get to wrap my arms around you.


I already admire and look up to you,
I know that you'll always listen and understand,
And with your humor, great strength, love and kindness,
You will raise me to be a GREAT man.
(Just like you!)

Just know that I love you very much,
and I've got one more thing left to say,
I'm grateful for everything that you've done,
and oh yes ! Have a wonderful Father's Day!

It's been hard knowing what to say,
and even though I have been felt but have yet to be seen,
just know that I love you,
all my love, your yet to be named little bean.

0 comments:

a href="http://tickers.families.com">